Monday, September 9, 2013

Brettzky - A painting of Brett Schimmel - 2013

" Bretzky"

This is a 22" x 28" acrylic on canvas painting of Brett Schimmel
First game in the Alberta Junior Hockey League.

This is a portrait painting of good friends of ours son in the Brooks, Alberta area. 

January 6, 2012 was Brett's first game in the AJHL ( Alberta Junior Hockey League ) playing with the Lloydminster Bobcats and at the time of this web add on July 10, 2013, playing for the Brooks Bandits.

 He played to a packed house in front of his home town of Brooks and I had the opportunity to go and take some photos for this piece. Because Brett knows what I do and he seen me taking pictures during that game I had to tell him that I was taking pictures for a hockey magazine and that there was another player I was looking at. But he caught me looking at him during the game and he knew what was up.

The name " Brettzky " to me it's pretty obvious. Watching Brett growing up he always had a hockey stick in his hands. Always playing and skating. 

I put Brett and Greztky together to come up with " Brettzky "

Joe Versikaitis

All works are under the Canadian Copyrights Law. Any reproduction in part or whole without the written consent is strictly prohibited
Joe Versikaitis

No comments:

Post a Comment